The Readycast Podcast #13
This week’s theme: Situational Awareness
With Joe Marshall, Dave Scott and David Corbaley
Dave Scott is the Chairman of the Family Protection Association. He’s a long time contributor to Survival Life Magazine, founder and lead instructor at the Earth Native Wilderness School, where he teaches wilderness survival and self-reliance skills in Central Texas.
David Corbaley is a veteran of US Army Special Forces and served at the Seattle Fire Department for 8 years
Q & A
- [transcript time=0:50] David Corbaley was introduced and he shared a little of his background.
- [transcript time=4:30] Importance of Situational Awareness for David.
- [transcript time=8:19] Flash over chamber in connection with situational awareness
- [transcript time=12:45] Practicing stopping interruptors of awareness in switching or change of environment
- [transcript time=14:50 ] One of the keys to situational awareness
- [transcript time=16:14 ] Practicing one of the keys to situational awareness and RAS (Reticular Activation System) activation
- [transcript time=16:41 ] Practice surveying the environment
- [transcript time=17:41 ] Being more detailed in in scanning/surveying the environment
- [transcript time=21:50 ] Example of practice of being aware of your environment
- [transcript time=23:48 ] Awareness games with friends
- [transcript time=24:55 ] Real world scenario from David – in a less controlled environment – understanding and knowing
- [transcript time=29:20 ] Idea of baseline – awareness and non-awareness
- [transcript time=35:30 ] Ring of disturbance
- [transcript time=44:34 ] David’s personal experience on using his training to keep himself and others out of harm’s way
- [transcript time=51:40 ] Awareness focused on preventing crisis
- [transcript time=51:54 ] Acronym S.T.O.P. on situational awareness – S – stop T – think O – observe P – Plan
Thanks for listening! Was this issue of The Readycast podcast able to impart some knowledge? Did we miss anything? Please let us know in the comments and don’t forget to join the FPA Facebook group page exclusive for FPA members only.